Tuesday, March 12, 2013

March Glossybox


I can't believe it's already been a month since my last Glossybox review, this year is flying by so quick its a little scary. This months box has a travel theme and comes with a little travel book which includes short snip its of info on what to do in some of the best cities and countries in the world.

 
Tresemm'e Salon Finish Extra Hold Hairspray
This is the biggest thing in the box, this couldn't have come at a more perfect time as i've just run out of hairspray. It claims to have 24 hour humidity control, so is perfect for using on holiday in hot countries (wishing i was on some hot tropical island). This hairspray is number 4 (extra hold) which is perfect for me as this is the strength that i always use. This product does exactly what it claims to, although i couldn't test the humidity control (we have snow!!) it did keep my hair up and looking good all day, which is pretty impressive with the wind we get around these parts. This is a 100ml sample but the full sized 500ml product retails at £4.69

Nails Inc~ Bruton Street
Next i picked out a mini nails inc polish, my first thoughts are that this really isn't a colour that I'm going to wear a lot. However i have a very similar illamasqua polish that i received in the illamasqua nails and eyes box. I compared the two products and have to say that they perform equally well. They are both long lasting and have a similar thin consistency which allows quick drying time. The illamasqua polish comes off slightly better as it dries a little quicker and works out slightly cheaper per ml. This is a 4ml sample polish, the full sized 10ml retails at £11. I would also recommend the Illamasqua polishes which are £13.50 for 15ml and come in some amazing colours and finishes.

Jelly Pong Pong Lip Stain~ Lip Blush
I have to say that on first thought i loved this colour but unfortunately it is one of those tones of red that makes me look like a clown. On the plus side the product performs well and does feel really moisturising once on the lip. I really like the packaging of this product and its really easy to use, also its a cruelty free product *fist pumps*. I applied this on the back of my hand to test the staying power (didn't want to be a clown for a day) and i was really impressed with the results especially as it rained all day. This is a full sized 2.5g product which retails at £12

 
Juicy Couture~ La La
When i saw this in the box i was pleased and disappointed at the same time, i really like getting fragrance samples as i live in the countryside and they really aren't easy to get hold of unless you order them from eBay. However i have tried some juicy couture samples before and have always thought they smelt like a baby prostitute, really not for me. But i have to say i was pleasantly surprised with Couture La La. It doesn't have the same sweetness as other juicy couture fragrances but has a fresh floral scent which is a little more mature than their previous teenage targeted perfumes. This isn't one that i would rush out to buy but its definitely wearable and pleasant, plus my boyfriend asked me what smelt so good which is always a plus. The retail prices are... £30 for 30ml, £40 for 50ml and £55 for 100ml

 
Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Skin Protectant
I saved the worst until last, this product is supposed to refresh skin, hands and chapped lips and can also be used to shape brows. It also claims to be fragrance free, now unless i got a dodgy product it is definitely not fragrance free. This product smells so vile that i wouldn't even think about putting it on my face or lips. I applied a small amount of the product onto the back of my hand (after a great deal of squeezing the tube because it wouldn't come out). It felt very sticky and not moisturising or soothing at all, the full sized 50ml product retails at £25. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone, as an alternative i would suggest any of the Betty Hula moisturising products as they are multi purpose, natural and smell amazing.
 
Overall I'm pleased with this box, even though i wont be using all of the products it was nice to try out some new brands. I will probably purchase a Jelly Pong Pong lip product in a different colour because i was really impressed with the quality and I'm always looking for new cruelty free products. I will continue using my Juicy Couture sample and may possibly buy a small bottle.
The contents of marches box are worth £20.80 which isn't bad but not as good as the content worth of Luxbox.
 
Speak again soon. Rottentouch x

No comments:

Post a Comment