Saturday, April 19, 2014

April Glossybox Review

Another month another Glossybox, this month's theme is titled "Sweet Treats" am i the only person who just doesn't understand these themes. 90% of the time i struggle to find one product that fits with whatever theme they have randomly thrown together. When i think sweet treats i think flavoured lip balms and candy coloured cosmetics, but as nice as some of the featured products are they sure as hell aren't sweet treats. So yet again i give you my honest review on this months box.


Me Me Me Cosmetics: Beat The Blues In Shade Pearl Pink

I was really excited by this product as i stupidly assumed it was a pearly pink nail varnish however it is in fact an illuminating highlighter. Previous Glossybox highlighters have all been of a gold tone so this is a really nice change plus it is more suited to my pale complexion. After testing out this lovely i can only confirm that it is a gorgeous shade that makes my skin look super beautiful and dewy, it is easy too build up and has a brush applicator which comes in handy. 

 This is the full size 12ml product which retails for a purse friendly £5.50

Emite Makeup: Lip Brush #L312

I wasn't sure about this product as i rarely ever use lip brushes but i have been proved wrong by so many products i tested it out none the less. This is a good quality brush, i didn't experience any malting but at this price i would be somewhat horrified if i did. But i just can't get past the price, good quality brushes do make a big difference to how professional your makeup looks but a lip brush just isn't something that most people use. I own one lip product that requires a brush and it is something i rarely use. If this was any other type of brush I'm sure i would be thrilled but this just isn't for me.

This is the full sized product which will set you back £17 which is more expensive than MAC

MONU Spa: Warming Ginger Massage & Body Oil

It was such a relief to see this product, it had been a long achy day. First of all this smells wonderful. I love ginger but this product as a fresh spicy smell that reminds me of thai food, this isn't a bad thing, i cook a lot of asian food which requires a lot of ginger and lemongrass. I am lucky enough to have a wonderful boyfriend who gave me a full body massage equipped with candles and zen music. The product itself delivers an amazing massage it was very warming and soothed all the aches and pains after a hard week at work. The oil sinks into the skin nicely so there is no oily residue left behind plus it leaves you plus the whole house smelling amazing. I was surprised how little is needed for a full massage (quarter of the bottle), this justifies the price a lot more. The full sized product is quite expensive, especially if you were to use it on a regular basis although i could see myself splashing out on this for a luxury pampering session.

This product is a 30ml miniature. 100ml of the massage oil costs a hefty £25

Unica Cosmetics: Radiance Plus

I'm sure you all know how much i bloody detest Unica, if i receive another balm i may track down the company headquarters and burn it to the ground. So as you can imagine i was not happy seeing another product from one my least favourite brands. As tiny as the pot is (no measurement but i would guess it is 3-5ml) they haven't quarter filled it like the balms i received. It also has a nicer scent than the balms, nothing special but pleasant enough to apply to my face. After testing the product it made my skin feel a little greasy and i can't say i noticed any visible difference in radiance or aging (still pretty skeptical about anti aging creams). But on the plus side it is made of 100% natural organic products.

 A 50ml Unica cream costs £12.95

Tresseme: Instant Refresh Cleansing Day Shampoo

Ok so you may not know this but i am the queen of dry shampoo. In all seriousness i go through batiste like a stoner goes through munchies. I'm not some kind of smelly hobo who doesn't shower but i use it between washes to maintain my bright hair colour. I was really pleased to see a hair care product that i can actually use for a change. This has no labelled scent like Batiste although it has the same generic Tresseme smell as their hairsprays. I will say this definitely does the job and doesn't create any white patches like some other dry shampoo's do. It made my hair look fresh and clean however it didn't create a lot of volume which is something i look for in a dry shampoo. This is a good product but price wise it just can't beat Batiste. At £4.99 it's not a bad price but it would cost me twice as much to use it each month.

A full size 200ml can costs £4.99

This months box comes to the grand total of £33.20 which compared to previous boxes is pretty good. I'm pleased with every product this month other than the anti again cream. I feel as though i have gotten my money's worth this month and 4 lovely products that i probably never would have tried otherwise. Thank you all for reading my little review, i love testing out these lovelies for you. 
Skulls and Kisses Luna x

No comments:

Post a Comment