Thursday, April 18, 2013

April Glossybox in Collaboration with Pearl Lowe

I was really excited about this months Glossybox especially with the collaboration of Pearl Lowe. I have always loved Pearls designs and i share her love of all things lace, her dresses have a vintage feel and the cuts and shapes are perfection. The box itself has a beautiful design of roses peonies and other flowers reflecting Pearls vintage inspiration. This months box contains 5 really good sized products each of a good quality.


1. Essie Nail Lacquer~ Nice is Nice
I have to say I've been wanting to try Essie nail lacquers for a while having heard positive things from a lot of bloggers and youtubers. This isn't the most ideal colour for me (pastels icky) but after applying it i have to say it has grown on me a little. I think this colour is so pale that its not quite a pastel, almost an off white pink colour. The formulation is quite thin which i have found makes the varnish last longer and chip far less (as with Illamasqua and Nails inc polishes). This is a full sized product which retails for £7.99


2. Sunsense~ Tinted SPF 50+
I'm really glad that this was in the Glossybox, its one of those things that i never would have thought of trying before. I use a lot of SPF lotions all year round (i actually burnt on a day it snowed) but i hate applying them on top of makeup because it makes my skin look an feel greasy. This however is a mattifying lightly tinted formula which i have to say made my skin look pretty flawless. It is very lightly fragranced compared to that icky sun cream smell and while it costs £18.50 for 75g i would say that if you are pale like me it should be your summer must have.


3. Yves Rocher~ So Elixir Purple
Its really nice to see a good sized fragrance sample, the vials are nice but if you like the fragrance it lasts about 2 applications. On first impressions this a nice fragrance, definitely for the older woman but it is wearable. The fragrance is quite floral upon application but after an hour or so i found it to have quite a woody scent which i wasn't so keen on. Nice enough fragrance but if you like fruity floral scents like me then you should give this one a miss. This fragrance costs £44 for a 50ml bottle.


4. Nip + Fab~ Coconut Latte Body Butter
I love my body butters so i knew that this would be for me, the coconut latte scent is very similar to Palmers cocoa butter but with a slightly nutty undertone. The butter feels incredibly soothing when applies to the skin, it also doesn't feel greasy like a lot of other body butters do. My skin feels soft. nourished and smells beautiful, this one is a must have. This is a 50ml product and the full sized 200ml (must last a long time) RRP's at £9.95

5. Model Co~ Cheek and Lip Tint in Rosie Red
I was terrified to try this stuff, my skin in so pale i expected to look like a pantomime dame. I applied it to my hand first and found out that it blends really well and is easy to build up for more colour. The colour looks really good on my cheeks and lasts quite a long time. I also tried it on my lips but found the colour really didn't go on well and just stuck onto my finger instead. For a cheek tint it smells really good, if it wasn't tinted red i would apply it to my pulse points =). I would recommend this if you want to try something between a blush and a cheek stain.This is the full sized 10ml product which retails for £15



The total worth of this months box is £32.33, I payed for this months box using my Glossydots so it was free which is a bonus. I like all of the products this month other than the fragrance so i am a very happy bunny. Glossybox really have been delivering great boxes lately so I'm sticking with them.
I hope this review is useful to any of you contemplating signing up to Glossybox and i will speak again soon.
Rottentouch x

No comments:

Post a Comment