Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Luxbox March

This months Luxbox is a really boring one. So much so that i'm not going to waste my time making a video on it, i'm pretty sure no-one would enjoy me ranting for 20 minutes. Some of the products are good sizes but it just doesn't have that wow factor that previous boxes have had. This months box included

1. Dr.Bronner's Magic Liquid Soap in Almond~ I saw this and thought oh dear god, why would you put this in a beauty box! However it claims to be 18 in 1, yes that's right. It doesn't have all 18 uses written on the bottle or even on the website... the only use explained on the bottle is a way to use it as a face pack with a hot steaming cloth. It has a nice smell if you like the smell of the alcohol Dissorono, don't think i fancy smelling like i'v been on the drink though. This is a 59ml sample and RRP's at £8.49 for 473ml


2. Weleda Smoothing Night Cream in Rose~ I'v had this in a box before (perhaps a glossybox), it smells and feels nice but doesn't seem to do a lot to my skin. This is a small 5ml sample and RRP's at £14.95 for 30ml


3. Weleda Almond Soothing Cleansing Lotion~ This claims to be fragrance free yet it does have a very faint smell of almonds which is pleasant enough. I like to experiment with different cleansers as i wear a lot of dark makeup and it's not always easy to remove. This is a good enough product but i have used much better (i currently use the Vichy Normaderm 3 in 1 cleanser). This came in a 10ml sample tube but the RRP is £9.95 for 75ml.


4. Dr. Hauschka Neem Oil Nail Pen~ What the hell is this crap luxbox! A strengthening pen for brittle nails that has a lid designed to push back cuticles (doesn't everyone own an a cuticle stick). This product contains a measly 4ml, which is actually full sized. So if i actually did enjoy this product it would last me all of 5 minutes and cost £15.95. I'm sorry but give me some good old sally hansen and an orange stick over this any day.


5. Beyond Organic Firming Eye Cream~ This product comes in a nice sized jar and is quite generously filled. I'm still rather skeptical about anti wrinkle and eye creams not having found anything that's really shown signs of improvement to my skin. This has a pleasant enough smell to actually want to apply it to my eye area and is an award winning organic cream. This is the full sized product which has a retail price of £9.60


The overall worth of this box is £30.41 which seems good value as long as you would actually use most of these products. I can see myself trying the eye creams and possibly trying to work out some of the 18 uses of the almond soap but overall i'm really unimpressed with this month's box. I have now unsubscribed from Luxbox but will receive on last box next month. I may resubscribe in the future as they have had some good boxes in the past but at the moment i am happy enough with Glossybox. I hope my negativity made for an interesting read, hopefully i will be blogging about something a little more exciting next time.
                                                                     Speak Soon Rottentouch x

No comments:

Post a Comment