Sunday, June 22, 2014

Glossybox Review: June 2014

Hello my lovelies, it's glossybox time again and this month I'm looking forward to some nice summery products to add to my collection to go with the gorgeous weather we have been having (some days anyway).

Teeez Trend Cosmetics: Beautiful Flat Stiff Brush

I'm always happy to receive cosmetics brushes in my Glossyboxes (other than lip brushes) and my collection is growing rapidly, i was pleased finally see an eyeshadow brush in my box. This is my first experience with the brand Teeez, and honestly I've not heard of them before. First impressions are that the brush looks tacky and a little ott for my tastes but then again its just a brush and quality is far more important than looks. The bristles are natural but feel quite rough and very stiff. I tested it out whilst applying my work makeup, it's super easy to pack a lot of shadow onto the brush however it feels quite pokey and rough once applying to the eye. I will continue to use the brush however i certainly wouldn't pay 19 euro's (£15.19) for it. 

 Rituals...: Qi Gong 24h Anti-Perspirant Spray

I am yet to fault Rituals, all of there products smell incredible too and are amazing quality, Qi Gong is no different. It doesn't have that heavy anti perspirant smell that can be suffocating once first applied, it was also very gentle on my sensitive under arms. The scent is delicate and smells clean and fresh with a little oriental hint. It also kept me fresh and dry on a very hot and busy day. This is the smaller sized 50ml version which costs £3.50, the larger 150ml costs £8

 Nail Girls: 3 in 1 Base/Topcoat & Nail Strengthener

I was looking forward to trying this as i love multi purpose products, i don't have any strengthening polishes but i have been needing to pick some up. I applied this as a base coat and honestly it wasn't great, i topped it with a red varnish which still stained my nails. As a top coat it is good, but no better than any other brands i have tried. I thought it was a good strengthener and none of my nails have broken since using it which is a big plus. This is another full size product which costs £13.50 for 15ml


 So Susan Cosmetics: Universal Blush


My first thoughts upon seeing this product were that the shade would definitely be too dark for my skin tone, however the name made me think differently. I am a big fan of  pale pastel pink blusher as i am fair skinned and anything darker makes me look like a drag queen. In reality this blush is perfect, it is a micronized jet milled blush that works with your natural  skin tone to create a balanced shade. I would certainly recommend this to anyone who has trouble finding an ideal shade of blush, it retails for £18 but in my opinion is worth every penny

 Pro:Voke Touch Of Silver: Twice A Week Brightening Shampoo

This is easily my least favourite product in the box as it is not for my hair type, Glossybox keep sending me products for blonde hair as that is what my natural colour is on the profile, however i have also marked down that i die my hair. Anyway this looks an interested concept, the shampoo is actually the same colour as the bottle and contains a violet pigment which eliminates brassy yellow tones. One of my youtube subscribers uses this on her purple hair and she said it was great, i tested it out and sadly the same wasn't to be said. The shampoo stripped the colour from my hair leaving it very blue (good thing i like it blue). I imagine this shampoo wasn't designed to be used on semi permanent dye so i can't really give it an accurate review. The fullsized 150ml shampoo costs £3.09, which is a good price if it actually works on blonde hair.

The total value of this months box is £51.22 which is the highest value box i have had in a long time, it also contains products that i will use. My star product of the box has to be the So Susan blusher, big recommendation to all you ladies out there. My dud product is obviously the shampoo, just because it's not for my hair type. Let's hope next months box is just as good. 
Skulls & Kisses
Luna =^_^=

No comments:

Post a Comment