Friday, January 2, 2015

A New Year and a New Perspective

Happy New Year to all you beautiful wonderful people. January is a time that is both loved and loathed by so many of us. We love those big sales and the prospect of starting the year fresh and new, but loath the pressure of getting fit and losing that turkey tum. It's hard to have a positive body image during January especially with perfectly airbrushed celebrity's gracing the cover of every magazine and fitness DVD. I can luckily say that i have never gained weight over Christmas, i dislike chocolate which helps immensely. I feel that you can completely enjoy Christmas without over indulging, although if you do gain a couple of pounds you shouldn't feel pressured to lose weight. It is important to realize that thin doesn't necessarily mean healthy in the same way that curvy also does not mean unhealthy. One thing all those magazines neglect to tell you is that mental happiness is more important that your physical appearance. As someone who has previously been treated for a mental illness i can tell you that there are more important things in the world than celebrities and weight loss. It is important to realize that these people have personal trainers, stylists and this handy little thing called photoshop to get them looking perfect. As long as you are happy and healthy in your own skin you don't need those fitness video's, yoga pants or magazines telling you that you are ugly. 

I think a better new years resolution is to do something every single day that makes you feel happy and confident. This could be something as simple as having a bubble bath or as stupid as spending 10 minutes dancing around the house naked (yes i do this....). I like to really dress up for everyday chores such as grocery shopping, it makes me feel like a princess. Watching Poke'mon while taking a bubble bath also makes me pretty happy.


Personally i find my confidence comes in the form of my own style, if you were to put me in a pair of blue jeans, ugg boots and a shirt i just wouldn't feel like myself. My new years resolution is to always be me, regardless of weather people think i wear too much black or i wear too much makeup. I also believe that giving a compliment to a stranger once a day could make a person feel just a little happier with themselves . So to you all i wish you a truly very HAPPY 2015!

What things make you feel happy and confident? Let me know below!

No comments:

Post a Comment