Friday, March 21, 2014

Glossybox Uk~ March "Beauty Blossom"

Glossybox arrived on time, can i get a woop woop? GB have recently dropped Yodel (seriously they suck) for good old Royal Mail and it seems to have made all the difference already. The only difference is a £1 increase on the postage price due to Royal Mail charge which isn't something that bothers me. This months box is themed "Beauty Blossom" which seems to be geared toward putting a spring in your step.

Juicy Couture: Juicy La La Malibu and Juicy Couture Malibu

Perfume samples aren't the most popular items among us glossie's but I actually don't mind them. This month they have included two samples as one product. I have always had a love hate relationship with juicy fragrances as they are targeted at younger teenagers, most have that same sickly sweetness as many celebrity perfumes. These two samples appear to be summer (Malibu) variations of two of their popular fragrances Juicy La La and Juicy Couture. I tested out both scents and as expected they were both far to sweet to be pleasant. Although as the notes developed they both transformed into a more subtle floral scent one with mandarin tones and the other with jasmine. I'm still not keen on either but they are more pleasant than expected.

Dove Conditioning Shot

This is by far my least favourite product this month. I can't use this as its for damaged hair (which i don't have) and not for coloured hair. I also hate the smell of dove and the fact they still actively test on animals. I also think the price is quite steep for what you are getting. I can't give my review on its effectiveness because i'm not going to use it but it is the full sized tube and retails at £1.49



Bellapierre Cosmetics Ltd~ Shimmer Powder in Beige 

I am a big fan of mineral makeup, it's so highly pigmented and long lasting, sure it is more expensive than your average shadow but the quality is worth it. The shade I received is an almost identical dupe for Micabella's shimmer powder in  beige. I had always assumed that these brands were sister companies due to their similarities but it seems they are not affiliated with each other. The product itself has a beautiful neutral shimmer perfect for a more natural spring look or that "barely there" makeup that is so in this season. This is a generous full sized product costing £12.99



Sleek Makeup~ Pout Polish in Bare Minimum  

After receiving other sleek products I had mixed feelings about using this "cult beauty product". I was impressed that it has added spf15 and is supposed to be a moisturising treatment however this was all I liked. The balm has no pigmentation which makes me wonder why they bothered naming the shade i understand it is called bare minimum but its just clear. It also felt like a cheap nasty petroleum based balm, so I have no idea where they are getting this "cult beauty" tag from, and i have certainly never heard sleek recommended by any other bloggers. Poor choice glossybox. This is the full sized product costing £4.49



Mitchell & Peach Body Cream

I have enjoyed using Mitchell & peach in the past so I was happy to receive another lovely body cream. Mitchell & Peach are lavender growers who create lovely body creams and lotions with their produce. They seem to have created a scent that is just right (not heavy or old smelling) and the product has a luxurious feel to it. But as much as I love the product I couldn't justify spending £36 for a body cream unless it A) Made me loose weight or B) Made my skin look incredible... sorry


Overall this is an average box, i was most impressed by the Bellapierre powder although its not my ideal colour it's something i can use when i am going to work. I was also pleased to receive another Mitchell & Peach body cream but the other products were just wrong for me. This has made me wonder how hard is it to create a perfect beauty box? In my next post i will be creating my very own version of a Glossybox with the budget of £12.95 I am looking forward to the challenge.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment