Monday, September 29, 2014

September Glossybox Review


It's fair to say i was a little excited about this months Glossybox, as much as a hate spoilers i just couldn't seem to avoid them. The first spoiler was the box design, isn't it beautiful, plus it was designed by Karen Millen which makes it that little bit more special. Glossy also tempted me into peeking at two of this months featured products, naughty naughty.

Nivea Sensitive 3 in 1 Micellar Cleansing Water



This is the biggest item in my box, the Nivea sensitive 3 in 1 micellar cleansing water. It was just typical i would receive this product after buying a shed load of Murad products to try and fix my skin. This is probably one of the largest products i have seen in a Glossybox, its useful and affordable as well as actually working. The product didn't cause my skin any irritation plus its convenient as it doesn't need rinsing off after use. This nice big 200ml product costs £4.07

L'Oreal Proffessional Mythic Oil



Everyone and there dog knows that i am not the biggest fan of L'Oreal, so when i saw this in my box you can only imagine my disappointment. None the less i still felt the need to try it out, i'm not one for wasting a product unless i feel it's going to effect me negatively. I hate to say this but it's actually a great product, it smells wonderful and has a similar effect to Argan Oil which i have always loved. I found this convenient to use, it also made my hair look extra healthy and shiny. Whilst i wouldn't purchase this product i would certainly recommend it to others. The product came in a 45ml sample size, i feel this is a generous amount which will last a long time. The full size 125ml product costs £15.95, i believe it is only available at particular salons. £5.74

Nails inc Matte Topcoat



This roused my interest greatly, i have never owned a matte topcoat and i'm a serious nail polish junkie. Nails inc are probably among my top 5 favourite polish companies which made my opinion of this months box shoot up in praise. I tested the polish out with both dark and light shades as well as block colours, glitters and shimmers to see all possible effects. By far the best looking nails were block colours particularly bright pastel shades. The polish gives a rubbery looking texture, what i would have expected their latex shades to look like (major disappointment with those). It also looks great when added to a dark solid colour to create matte textured tips. This is a full size bottle which retails at £12

Modelco More Brows in Light to Medium



Ok so it's taken me long enough but i'v finally started perfecting my brows. I am cursed with light patchy shapeless eyebrows that need a lot of product to fix. I loved the Modelco More Brows, the brush is much smaller than other brown mascaras i have used, making is far more precise. The colour is also a good match for my brows (although i'm sometimes inclined to shade them pink to match my hair). I can't really fault this product, it gives volume which is great for any thin patches i have plus the gel keeps them in shape all day. This is full size tube, although small in size it retails at £14.95

Skinpep Brightening Enzyme & Acid Peel and Dark Circle Eraser



No Glossybox, just no. I'v never liked the idea of including samples for something that is so expensive that it would put you into your overdraft. I'm also not crazy about samples as most of them require you to use the product for a number of weeks before any results are visible. The dark circle eraser wasn't bad, it very slightly lightened my circles however i could get better results using high street brand products and makeup to cover them up. As for the acid peel, theres no way i would put that on my face, i have sensitive skin and some of the ingredients are incredibly acidic. Sorry Glossybox, I'm just not impressed with these expensive samples. The Enzyme peel sachets (2ml) cost £3.05 each or £89.99 for a 180ml tube, the eyecream costs a whopping £6.49 for 2ml or £44.99 for 15ml, ouch!

This months box has a grand total of £49.35 worth of products inside. I would purchase the Nails inc topcoat as well as the More Brows and Nivea cleanser. The cost for these three products is more than the box cost me so i'm more than happy with it. Next months box is an Andy Warhol inspired pop art box which will be available in four different colours, does this mean 4 different variety's of products too? I look forward to receiving it.
Skull and Kisses
Luna x

No comments:

Post a Comment